The ability of the body to repair itself, and science to repair what the body can't, attracts you to this field. Your satisfaction in this area comes from helping others with their health.
"WNCC provided me with knowledge, scenarios, and real life experiences to educate me so I am able to piece puzzles together when lives are in my hands."
Haley Murphy, Box Butte General Hospital
Finding your passion
The career cluster prepares for careers that promote health, wellness, and diagnosis as well as treat injuries and diseases. Some of the careers involve working directly with people, while others involve research into diseases or collecting and formatting data and information. Work locations are varied and may be in hospitals, medical or dental offices or laboratories, cruise ships, medevac units, sports arenas, space centers, or within the community.
- Registered Nurses
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Physical Therapists
- Physicians and Surgeons, All Other
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians
- Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
- Dental Assistants
- Radiologic Technologists
- Nurse Practitioners
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Dietitians and Nutritionists
Find more jobs at: h3.ne.gov